Are you looking for a way to boost your website traffic and rank higher on Google? Do you want to find the best keywords for your niche without spending a fortune on expensive tools? If so, you need to check out Ubersuggest, the free SEO tool that can help you optimize your content and grow your online presence.
In this blog post, I will give you a comprehensive overview of Ubersuggest, its features, benefits, and drawbacks. I will also show you how to use it to find low difficulty and high search volume keywords that can drive more organic traffic to your site. By the end of this post, you will have a clear understanding of how Ubersuggest works and how to use it effectively for your SEO strategy.
What is Ubersuggest?
Ubersuggest is a popular keyword research tool that helps you find the best keywords for your website or blog. Whether you want to rank higher on Google, increase your organic traffic, or optimize your content marketing strategy, Ubersuggest can help you achieve your goals. But how does Ubersuggest compare to other keyword tools? What are its pros and cons? And how can you use it effectively to find low difficulty and high search volume keywords? In this blog post, we will answer these questions and more. Let’s get started!
Ubersuggest is an online SEO tool that helps you generate keyword ideas for your website or blog. It was launched in 2017 by Neil Patel, one of the most influential digital marketers in the world. Ubersuggest uses data from Google Keyword Planner, Google Suggest, and other sources to provide you with relevant and accurate keyword suggestions.
Ubersuggest has evolved over the years and added more features and functionalities to make it a complete SEO solution. Some of the features that Ubersuggest offers are:
- Keyword Overview: This feature gives you an overview of the keyword you entered, including its search volume, SEO difficulty, paid difficulty, CPC, and trend.
- Keyword Suggestions: This feature gives you a list of related keywords that you can use for your content. You can filter the keywords by search volume, SEO difficulty, paid difficulty, CPC, and word count. You can also see the SERP analysis for each keyword, which shows you the top 10 results on Google and their metrics.
- Content Ideas: This feature gives you a list of content ideas based on the keyword you entered. You can see the title, URL, estimated visits, backlinks, and social shares for each content idea. You can also filter the content ideas by estimated visits, backlinks, or social shares.
- Backlink Data: This feature gives you a list of backlinks pointing to any domain or URL. You can see the source URL, anchor text, domain score, page score, link type, and first seen date for each backlink. You can also filter the backlinks by domain score, page score, link type, or date.
- Site Audit: This feature gives you a comprehensive analysis of your website’s SEO performance. It shows you your site’s health score, critical errors, warnings, recommendations, organic monthly traffic, organic keywords, SEO issues, site speed, and more.
- Traffic Analyzer: This feature gives you an overview of any domain’s traffic statistics. It shows you the domain’s organic monthly traffic, organic keywords, organic country distribution, top SEO pages, top keywords by country, and more.
- Keyword Tracker: This feature allows you to track your keyword rankings on Google over time. You can add up to 100 keywords and see their position, search volume, estimated visits, CPC, PD (paid difficulty), SD (SEO difficulty), and trend. You can also see your competitors’ rankings for the same keywords.
Pros and Cons of Ubersuggest
Ubersuggest has many advantages over other keyword tools, such as:
- It’s free to use for up to three searches per day, and you can unlock more features with a paid subscription.
- It provides comprehensive data on keywords, such as search volume, SEO difficulty, CPC, trends, and more.
- It shows you the top-ranking pages for each keyword, along with their domain score, backlinks, social shares, and estimated visits.
- It generates hundreds of keyword suggestions based on your seed keyword, and lets you filter them by various criteria.
- It offers content ideas based on the keywords you select, and shows you the headlines, URLs, and social engagement of the most popular articles.
- It allows you to export your data to CSV files or copy them to the clipboard for easy access.
However, Ubersuggest also has some limitations, such as:
- It only supports a limited number of languages and countries, which may affect its accuracy and relevance for some markets.
- It may not have the most updated data on some keywords, especially if they are new or trending.
- It may not provide enough data on some niche or long-tail keywords, which may require more research from other sources.
- It may not be compatible with some browsers or devices, which may affect its usability and performance.
Free vs. Paid Versions of Ubersuggest
Ubersuggest offers two versions: a free version and a paid version. The free version allows you to perform up to three searches per day, and gives you access to basic data on keywords, such as search volume, SEO difficulty, CPC, trends, and keyword suggestions. The paid version unlocks more features and benefits, such as:
- Unlimited searches per day
- More keyword suggestions
- More content ideas
- More backlink data
- More historical data
- More project management tools
- More competitor analysis tools
- More SEO audit tools
- More rank tracking tools
- More support and training
The paid version of Ubersuggest costs $29 per month for an individual plan, $49 per month for a business plan, and $99 per month for an enterprise plan. You can also save up to 40% if you opt for an annual subscription.
Accessibility of Ubersuggest
Ubersuggest is accessible to users from all over the world. However, it only supports 190 countries and 9 languages at the moment. These are:
If your target market is not in one of these countries or languages, you may not get the most accurate or relevant data from Ubersuggest. You may need to use other keyword tools that support more languages and countries, such as Google Keyword Planner or SEMrush.
Reliability and Accuracy of Ubersuggest
Ubersuggest is a reliable and accurate keyword tool that provides data from various sources, such as Google Keyword Planner, Google Trends, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Moz, Majestic SEO, Ahrefs, BuzzSumo, and more. However, like any other tool, Ubersuggest is not perfect. It may have some errors or discrepancies in its data due to various factors, such as:
- Data updates: Ubersuggest updates its data regularly, but it may not have the most recent data on some keywords, especially if they are new or trending. You may need to cross-check with other sources to verify the data.
- Data sampling: Ubersuggest uses data sampling techniques to estimate the search volume and other metrics of keywords. This means that it may not reflect the exact number of searches or clicks for each keyword. You may need to use other tools that provide more precise data, such as Google Search Console or Google Analytics.
- Data aggregation: Ubersuggest aggregates data from different sources and platforms to provide a comprehensive overview of keywords. However, this may also result in some inconsistencies or inaccuracies in the data. For example, the CPC of a keyword may vary depending on the platform (Google Ads vs. Bing Ads), the location (US vs. UK), the device (desktop vs. mobile), and the time (day vs. night). You may need to adjust your budget and strategy accordingly.
Average Monthly Users of Ubersuggest
Ubersuggest is one of the most popular keyword tools in the market, with millions of users worldwide. According to SimilarWeb, Ubersuggest has an average of 18.6 million monthly visits, as of December 2021. This shows that Ubersuggest is a trusted and widely used tool by SEO professionals, marketers, bloggers, and website owners.
Outline on How to Use Ubersuggest for Low Difficulty and High Search Volume Keywords
Finding low difficulty and high search volume keywords is one of the most important steps in SEO. These keywords are the ones that have a high potential to drive organic traffic to your website or blog, without requiring too much effort or competition. Ubersuggest can help you find these keywords easily and effectively. Here is a simple outline on how to use Ubersuggest for low difficulty and high search volume keywords:
- Access Ubersuggest: Go to https://neilpatel.com/ubersuggest/ and enter your domain name or a competitor’s domain name. This will give you an overview of your website or your competitor’s website, such as the domain score, organic keywords, organic monthly traffic, backlinks, and more.
- Enter Seed Keywords: Click on the “Keyword Ideas” tab and enter a seed keyword related to your niche or topic. This will generate hundreds of keyword suggestions based on your seed keyword, along with their search volume, SEO difficulty, CPC, trends, and more.
- Review Keyword Suggestions: Browse through the keyword suggestions and look for the ones that match your intent and goals. You can also use the filters on the left side to narrow down your results by search volume, SEO difficulty, CPC, word count, and more.
- Filter by Search Volume: Search volume is the number of times a keyword is searched for on Google per month. It indicates the popularity and demand of a keyword. You want to find keywords that have a high search volume, as they can bring more traffic to your website or blog. However, you also want to avoid keywords that are too competitive or saturated, as they can be harder to rank for. A good rule of thumb is to look for keywords that have a search volume between 1,000 and 10,000 per month.
- Assess SEO Difficulty: SEO difficulty is a score from 0 to 100 that indicates how hard it is to rank for a keyword on Google’s first page. It takes into account various factors, such as the domain authority, page authority, backlinks, content quality, and more of the top-ranking pages for each keyword. You want to find keywords that have a low SEO difficulty, as they can be easier to rank for. However, you also want to avoid keywords that are too easy or irrelevant, as they can have low quality or low conversion rates. A good rule of thumb is to look for keywords that have an SEO difficulty between 0 and 30.
- Analyze CPC (Cost Per Click): CPC is the amount of money that advertisers pay for each click on their ads for a keyword on Google Ads. It indicates the profitability and value of a keyword. You want to find keywords that have a high CPC, as they can generate more revenue for your website or blog. However, you also want to avoid keywords that are too expensive or competitive, as they can have low ROI or high risk. A good rule of thumb is to look for keywords that have a CPC between $1 and $10.
- Consider Search Intent: Search intent is the goal or purpose behind a user’s search query. It indicates the type and quality of content that users expect to find when they search for a keyword. You want to find keywords that match your search intent, as they can provide more value and satisfaction to your users. However, you also want to avoid keywords that have a different or unclear search intent, as they can lead to high bounce rates or low conversions. A good rule of thumb is to look for keywords that have one of these four types of search intent:
- Informational: The user wants to learn more about a topic or answer a question.
- Navigational: The user wants to find a specific website or page.
- Transactional: The user wants to buy a product or service.
- Commercial: The user wants to compare different products or services before buying.
- Explore Content Ideas: Once you have selected some keywords that meet your criteria, you can click on them to see more details and data. One of the tabs you can access is the “Content Ideas” tab, which shows you the most popular articles related to your keyword, along with their headlines, URLs, social engagement, backlinks, and estimated visits. You can use these content ideas as inspiration or reference for your own content creation. You can also analyze what makes these articles successful and try to replicate or improve their strategies.
Look at Backlink Data
One of the features of Ubersuggest is that it shows you the backlink data of the top-ranking pages for your keyword. This can help you understand how many and what kind of links you need to outrank them. To access this data, simply enter your keyword in the search box and click on “Keyword Ideas”. Then, scroll down to the “SERP Analysis” section and click on the “Backlinks” column.
You will see a list of the domains that are linking to each page, along with their domain score, page score, and anchor text. You can also click on the “View All” button to see more details. This will give you an idea of the quality and relevance of the links that your competitors have, and how you can replicate or surpass them.
Select Long-Tail Keywords
Another feature of Ubersuggest is that it shows you a list of long-tail keywords related to your main keyword. Long-tail keywords are phrases that are more specific and less competitive than broad keywords. They can help you target a more niche audience and rank higher for less popular but more profitable terms.
To find long-tail keywords, enter your keyword in the search box and click on “Keyword Ideas”. Then, look at the “Related” tab and the “Questions” tab. You will see a list of keywords that are variations or extensions of your main keyword, along with their search volume, CPC, PD, and SD. PD stands for paid difficulty, which indicates how hard it is to rank for that keyword with paid ads. SD stands for SEO difficulty, which indicates how hard it is to rank for that keyword organically.
You want to select long-tail keywords that have a high search volume, a low CPC, a low PD, and a low SD. These are the keywords that have a high demand, a low competition, and a high potential for conversion. You can also use the filters to narrow down your results based on these criteria.
Compile a Shortlist
Once you have selected some long-tail keywords that match your criteria, you need to compile a shortlist of the best ones. To do this, simply click on the “+” icon next to each keyword that you want to add to your list. You will see a green checkmark indicating that the keyword has been added. You can also click on the “-” icon to remove any keyword that you don’t want.
You can access your shortlist by clicking on the “Keyword List” button at the top right corner of the screen. You will see a table with all the keywords that you have added, along with their metrics. You can also export this data as a CSV file by clicking on the “Export to CSV” button.
Exporting your data as a CSV file can help you organize and analyze your keywords better. You can use a spreadsheet program like Excel or Google Sheets to sort, filter, and visualize your data. You can also use this file as a reference when you write your blog post.
To export your data as a CSV file, simply click on the “Export to CSV” button on the “Keyword List” page. You will be prompted to save the file on your computer or device. You can then open it with any spreadsheet program that supports CSV format.
Integrate Keywords Strategically
Now that you have your shortlist of long-tail keywords, you need to integrate them strategically into your blog post. This means using them in your title, headings, subheadings, introduction, body paragraphs, conclusion, meta description, URL slug, and image alt text. This will help you optimize your content for SEO and make it more relevant and appealing to your readers.
Here are some tips on how to integrate keywords strategically:
- Use your main keyword in your title and make it catchy and compelling.
- Use one or two long-tail keywords in each heading and subheading and make them informative and descriptive.
- Use one or two long-tail keywords in your introduction and make it clear and engaging.
- Use one or two long-tail keywords in each body paragraph and make them flow naturally with your content.
- Use one or two long-tail keywords in your conclusion and make it concise and actionable.
- Use one or two long-tail keywords in your meta description and make it persuasive and enticing.
- Use one or two long-tail keywords in your URL slug and make it short and simple.
- Use one or two long-tail keywords in your image alt text and make it accurate and descriptive.
The last step is to track the performance of your blog post and see how it ranks for your keywords. You can use Ubersuggest to monitor your ranking position, traffic, and backlinks over time. This will help you measure the effectiveness of your keyword strategy and make any necessary adjustments.
To track the performance of your blog post, enter your URL in the search box and click on “Search”. You will see a dashboard with various metrics and graphs that show you how your post is doing. You can also click on the “Keywords” tab to see the specific keywords that your post is ranking for, along with their position, volume, CPC, PD, and SD.
You can also use the “Backlinks” tab to see the domains that are linking to your post, along with their domain score, page score, and anchor text. You can also click on the “View All” button to see more details. This will help you identify the sources and quality of your backlinks and how you can improve them.
You can also use the “Traffic Analyzer” tab to see the amount and source of your traffic over time. You can also click on the “Overview” tab to see a summary of your traffic, keywords, and backlinks. This will help you understand the trends and patterns of your audience and how you can optimize your content for them.
Ubersuggest is a great tool for finding and using long-tail keywords for your blog posts. It can help you create high-quality content that ranks well on Google and attracts more readers. By following the steps above, you can use Ubersuggest to find the best keywords for your topic, analyze the competition, and optimize your content for SEO. You can also use Ubersuggest to track the performance of your blog post and make any necessary adjustments.
If you want to learn more about Ubersuggest and how it can help you grow your online presence, check out this link: https://neilpatel.com/ubersuggest/
I hope you found this post helpful and informative. If you have any questions or feedback, please leave a comment below. I would love to hear from you!