One of the most well-known onscreen keyboards for smartphones is Gboard, which is available for both Android and iOS devices. It was formerly known as Google Keyboard.
There are numerous useful features which are available, like voice typing, glide typing, GIFs, an emoji. etc. Through the Gboard settings sections, many of it features can be turned on and off.
Most of the Android smartphones nowadays come with Gboard pre-installed, but if yours doesn’t, you can download it from the Google Play Store. Additionally, iPhone users can get the App via the App Store.
Gboard is a multilingual keyboard application. You can configure your native, secondary, and other preferred languages under the Google Keyboard settings section.
The Gboard settings area allows you to control many options like the theme, clipboard, voice and even the ability to even hide the Gboard icon from launcher and other important features. But to do all this you have to access the Gboard settings.
You can control the following important settings in the Gboard settings area.
- Language: With the multilingual keyboard, you can customize your preferred languages. And you can set that up through your Gboard settings.
- Themes: The look and feel of a virtual keyboard application is very important. A superb good looking keyboard can make typing a pleasure. You can apply different appearance to your Gboard App in the settings section, including dark, light, system, solid colors, and gradient themes.
- Voice Typing: Voice typing is an additional method for making typing faster. If voice typing is not your thing, you may disable it in the Google Keyboard Settings area. As a result, the Gboard will not display the voice typing icon.
- Preferences: The preferences section of the Gboard app is a crucial setting because you can find many personalization options for tailoring your Gboard experience, such as one-handed mode, keyboard size, keyboard sound, vibration and many others.
There are other additional Gboard customisable features in the keyboard settings area. Without wasting time, let’s move to the part on how to access Gboard settings from Gboard app.
4 Ways To Access Gboard Settings
To find the Gboard settings, you must first download and install the Google Keyboard app from the Google Play Store or the App Store and then set it as your device’s default keyboard app. After that, simply follow the guidelines listed below to access its settings areas.
- Open any text-entry-enabled application, such as Google, WhatsApp, Facebook or Chrome.
- After that, Click on the text entry box so as to start typing.
- From the top of your keyboard, tap the settings icon.
- You can now modify your keyboard settings.
- Open any text-entry-enabled application.
- Now tap on the text field to make your keyboard appear.
- Tap and hold the comma key [,] to make the setting icon pop out like the below screenshot.
- Finally, drag your finger to settings icon in other to access the Gboard settings area
Read also: Best Windows VPN For PC To Download In 2022
- Go to Play Store on your device and then search for Gboard.
- Tap on the open button, you will be taken to your Gboard settings directly
- From your phone settings app, open your phone settings and go to system from there select Languages & Input.
- Then click on virtual keyboard.
- And lastly click on Gboard.
Read also: How to Easily Convert Airtime to Cash 2023
NOTE: This settings depends on your phone manufacturer, the options may differ so don’t panic if you don’t see it there.
If you have difficulties locating the Google Keyboard Settings using the normal method or if the Gboard latest update changes the way on how to open the Gboard settings, then the various methods on how to access the Gboard settings that I’ve mentioned above will surely assist you in finding the Gboard settings.