This is one in a series of articles on safe mode, and we cover other operating systems as well.
Our first was What is Safe Mode, and then we covered getting in and out of safe mode in a general manner.
How to start a windows 98/ME operating system in safe mode
Method 1(Most commonly used):
- Restart your computer
- During start up press the CTRL key on your keyboard.
- From the start up menu select safe mode by using your arrow keys and press ENTER when complete.
- Click on Start –> Programs –> Accessories –> System Tools –> System Information
From the Tools menu click on System Configuration Utility
Click on Advanced and the select the Enable Startup menu checkbox
- Restart the computer and during start up select Safe Mode
- Restart your computer in MS-DOS mode
On the command prompt type "win /d:m" without the quotes
Microsoft Article on Windows 98 Safe Mode
Microsoft Article on Windows ME safe Mode
If something is not clear, or you feel something should be added to our lesson? Please feel free to leave your comment or question in section we provided.
Also please subscribe by leaving your email in the box supplied, and you will received future lessons by email as they come out.
Thank you for reading our How-To Guide for the Computer Beginner for Safe Mode for Windows 98 and Windows ME.